ABTax Limited is an approved Business Development Organization (BDO) with the Development Bank of Jamaica (BDJ). We provide business development services under the Voucher for Technical Assistance (VTA) program, to assist Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) with support to strengthen their managerial and administrative abilities.
About the Voucher for Technical Assistance (VTA) program The VTA program is a capacity building program introduced by the DBJ which seeks to assist Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME) in closing management gaps and thereby improving their chances of accessing credit at a DBJ's Approved Financial Institutions (AFI). AFIs include Commercial Banks, Merchant Banks, Credit Unions and Micro Financing Institutions.
How the Process Works? When an SME apply for a loan from a financial institution and their application is denied due to significant gaps identified in their management and administrative capacity, they are issued a voucher by the financial institution which is redeemable at a Business Development Organization (BDO) such ABTax Limited, ABTax suite of Business Development services will address the critical business weaknesses identified, thereby improving the SME’s chances of accessing credit
AFI – Approved Financial Institutions SME – Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
Vouchers are valued up to $300,000 to cover the cost of the business development services we offer. The DBJ will finance up to 70% of the cost of each service or the value of the voucher, whichever is lower. SMEs will pay no less than 30% of the cost of the service. Vouchers are granted on a 'first come, first served' basis to SMEs operating in sectors such as: Agriculture, Information Technology, Mining and Services, Agro-processing, Tourism, Energy, Manufacturing.
Services offered by ABTax Limited to SMEs under the Voucher for Technical Assistance (VTA) program:
• Business Start-ups Services:
• Company Formation
• Business Name Registration
• Business Reviews and Advice
• Business and Marketing Plans including
• Financial Projections for start-up companies
• Loan Applications and Monitoring
• Marketing Research and Surveys
• Business Monitoring and Advice
• Financial Statements preparation
• Business Plan preparations
• Marketing Plans
• Tax planning and management
• Cash Flows, Financial Projections and Variance Analysis.
• HR- on Demand
• Outsourced Payroll Services
• Outsourced Accounts Department
• Business analysis and advice
• Company Office Returns
• Taxation Services:
• GCT Returns
• Income Tax Returns- (Individuals, Partnerships & Corporations)
• SO1s, So2’s and other statutory returns
• Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC),
• Tax Advice & Tax Planning,
• Mentorships & Coaching
Contac Us to learn more about the Voucher for Technical Assistance (VTA) program or request a consultation with a BDO professional.
Why ABTAX Limited?
Tax savings beyond your expectation!
Over 30 years experience
International Tax Analyst
Former Revenue Agent
Licensed to Practice in Jamaica and the US
Visit our Services page to learn more about what ABTax can do
Clients with managed accounts at ABTax get priority support. Contact our client representitives for updates on your reports, files and much more. We can also call you back just leave your number. Learn more